Sustainable Development :\\ is a pattern of natural resource use that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for the future generations.
How Can Landscaping Help?
The landscape industry creates beautiful expressions of natural beauty that are enjoyed by many. Good use of landscaping reduces carbon dioxide, cools the air, stabilizes the soil and provides habitat for countless animals.
J.D. Michaels Contracting has implemented a variety of environmental and social initiatives to reduce costs to our company and waste to the environment as well as improve the lives of our employees and clients.
What Are We Doing To Help?
While no one person or company can be perfect, each and every effort made will bring the world closer to sustainability.
As a company, we are making the following efforts to help:
- Recycle our waste oil and contaminated fuels
- Use a non-petrolium, bio-degradable synthetic mix of oil in gas powered hand tools
- Purchased new Stihl BR 600 Magnum back pack blowers that are 40% more efficient in their use of fuel, produce less noise and produce fewer hydrocarbons
- All scrap metal and plastic from landscape operations and canned beverages are recycled
- LED light bulbs and programmable thermostats are used to reduce electric consumption